- Reiki is a hands-on healing system of channeling universal energy to the body.
- It addresses the different layers of the aura and works on the physical, as well as on the spiritual plane.
- A Reiki treatment is deeply soothing, healing and relaxing.
- This subtle energy healing method does not involve touch.
- You may be attuned to Reiki and learn how to channel the energy to yourself or others in courses given by a Reiki master.
The name “Reiki” combines the word Rei (universal life force) and ki (personal
energy).The Usui System of Reiki Healing was developed by Mikao Usui in Japan
around 1920. He practiced Reiki in hi clinic and also trained students. Ms. Hawayo
Takata, who was a visitor to Japan, was trained to be a Reiki master by Chujiro
Hayashi, one of Dr. Usui’s master students. She eventually brought Reiki from Japan
to the west: it became widely known through her busy Reiki clinic in Hawaii, and in
1973 she taught a class in the USA. Thus began the prominence of Reiki in the
United States and in Canada. She initiated 22 people as Reiki Masters and every
Reiki student can trace back their lineage through to these original masters, who
spread Reiki all over the world, to Ms. Takata, Mr. Hayashi and Dr. Usui.
You can learn to give this wonderful energy to yourself or to others.
Reiki is taught in three different levels:
teaches you the principles of energy healing and enables you to treat yourself and
others with Reiki.
enhances your energy and deepens your understanding. It enlarges the scope of
what you can do with Reiki and you will learn sending it over a distance.
enhances the energy level once more and as the Master level prepares you to attune
others to the Reiki energy and to teach.